Most firms engaging with DevSecOps processes have issues with Agile-Scrum engineering. Common complaints include:
- -GDAD or Geographically Distributed Agile Development in which 65% of projects fail in some way
- -Requirements Engineering mismatch, especially when Indian offshore teams are present and most of the work is shipped to India
- -Lack of standard processes, ceremonies, management or governance, tooling
- -Lack of integrated security, code and system testing
- -Unrealistic expectations of improvements over Waterfall (time, investment needed, maturity of people within a new process)
- -Organisational pushback, reluctance to embrace a true Agile culture, inertia and lack of training and resource management
- -Not having the right skills on the teams
- -Team size too large, too distributed, Scrum master not technical
- -Lack of clear documentation
- -Inability to integrate with corporate milestones and deadlines
- -No centralised centre of Agile excellence which helps teams with standards, training, tooling, and coaching
Given these issues we built the Agile-Scrum Maturity Model (ASMM) which helps firms understand the Agile engineering process and map the use of Agile to KPIs and improvements.
ASMM allows firms to understand the key metrics and KPIs of the agile process by team, rolled up across the entire company. We can therefore track and improve our Agile engineering performance and prove to management that KPIs are improving and that the engineering processes are resulting in reduced error rates, improved code, higher velocity and satisfaction of business requirements.
This maturity model is used by individual teams and projects, and a view of a division or entire firm can be rolled up and presented as well. This allows companies to troubleshoot areas that may be impeding the proper usage of Agile and negatively impacting their DevOps processes.
End User Access
ASMM is Angular based application accessed via browsers. The application communicates with the back-end enterprise database using REST services via HTTPS.
Company Portal users, Company Administrators, are authenticated by email addresses and passwords.
With over 10 years’ experience leading Agile-Scrum teams we can help firms set up, improve, trouble-shoot or aid in Organisational Change Management around Agile-Scrum processes.