To build within AWS, we need to create Conceptual-Logical-Technical Architectures which incorporate Security, Monitoring and Non-Functional-Requirements. Architecture Centre and, AWS Perspective visualization tool that quickly generates architecture diagrams of AWS Cloud workloads.
The following categories and links are key areas within AWS Architecting including:
- AWS Well-Architected Framework has been developed to help cloud architects build the most secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure possible for their applications.
- Map of the Well Architected Framework is clickable to enable you to explore the concepts.
- AWS Well-Architected Tool helps you review the state of your workloads and compares them to the latest AWS architectural best practices.
- Architecting Best Practices White Papers
- Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software, by Eric Evans
- The AWS Cloud Adoption Framework created by AWS Professional Services to help organizations develop efficient and effective plans for their cloud adoption journey.
- Server Migration Service
- Database Migration Service
- Migration Hub
- AWS Migration Strategies WP
- 6 Strategies for Migrating Applications to the Cloud
- Cloud Centre of Excellence AWS Cloud Enterprise Strategy Blog
- Using a Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCOE) to Transform the Entire Enterprise
- Create a Cloud Centre of Excellence
- Why a Cloud Centre of Excellence Matters – Key Findings from Cloud Leaders
- Building a Scalable and Secure Multi-VPC AWS Network Infrastructure
- Extend Your IT Infrastructure with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- Use an AWS Transit Gateway to Simplify Your Network Architecture
- AWS Global Accelerator is a network service that enables organizations to seamlessly route traffic to multiple regions and improve availability and performance for their end users.
- AWS Global Accelerator Speed Comparison
- AWS Transit Gateway & Transit VPCs, Ref Arch for Many VPCs AWS re:Invent 2018 Launch.
- AWS Transit Gateway
- AWS Control Tower automates the set-up of a baseline environment, or landing zone, that is a secure, well-architected multi-account AWS environment.
- Enabling Enhanced Networking with the Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) on Linux Instances
- Integrating external multicast services with AWS
LB is essentially for scalability and security. You can have Application LBs or Network LBs (or both).
- AWS Elastic Load Balancer Demos by the AWS Load Balancing team.
R53 DNS failover schema explained.
CloudFront content delivery network to cache the content close to end users. Often used with WAF.
- Environmental control with
- Automating Landing Zones
- Building AWS CloudFormation Templates
- Automated Deployments using AWS Perspective (design to code)
- Service Auto Scaling or Amazon Elastic Container Service
- EC2 Auto Scaling Groups Multiple Instance Types & Purchase Options
- ELB and Auto scaling
- Autoscaling and SQS
- Clustered Auto-scaling with Containers
- Auto scaling and Kubernetes
- CloudFormation Drift Detection
- First Steps for Modelling Relational Data in DynamoDB
- Amazon DynamoDB Deep Dive: Advanced Design Patterns (DAT403-R1) AWS re:Invent 2019
- Amazon DynamoDB On-Demand No Capacity Planning and Pay-Per-Request Pricing.
- Amazon DynamoDB Transactions provide atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability (ACID) across one or more tables within a single AWS account and region.
- Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB) is a fully managed ledger database that provides a transparent, immutable, and cryptographically verifiable transaction log owned by a central trusted authority.
- Amazon Timestream is a fast, scalable, fully managed time series database service for IoT and operational applications that makes it easy to store and analyse trillions of events per day at 1/10th the cost of relational databases.
- How Aurora Serverless Works
- Using the Data API for Aurora Serverless
Using Database Activity Streams with Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon S3 Block Public Access Another Layer of Protection for Your Accounts and Buckets
- Using Amazon S3 Block Public Access
- How Do I Block Public Access to S3 Buckets?
- AWS DataSync
- New – Amazon FSx for Windows File Server
- Running Containers on AWS using Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate this guide is designed to help you get started with Docker containers on Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate quickly and easily.
- Amazon ECS Workshop for AWS Fargate configure GitHub, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, VPC, ALB, ECS, Autoscaling, and log aggregation using a framework called Mu to launch microservices on AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Amazon EKS Workshop explore multiple ways to configure VPC, ALB, and EC2 Kubernetes workers, and Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes.
- Hands-on Workshops for Serverless Computing
- Best Practices for Organizational Units with AWS Organization
- Trusted Advisor further information.
- AWS Resource Access Manager Cross-Account Resource Sharing
- Introducing AWS Global Accelerator and Elastic Fabric Adapter
- AWS License Manager
- AWS App Mesh Monitor and Control Microservices
- AWS Cloud Map Service discovery for cloud resources
- AWS Workshops hands-on events designed to teach or introduce practical skills, techniques, or concepts which you can use to solve business problems.