Most large firms have deployments in the Cloud. There are some key aspects to Cloud deployments, either new or existing.
Cloud is not cheaper over the long-term (you pay for world-class networking, infrastructure and storage costs in all its varieties will be a key cost driver, along with Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery).
Security based on NIST models, must be built into the design of a migration, or the environments you are deploying into (Dev, Test, Prod).
Governance is a key aspect before, during and after a migration. This includes understanding and improving the operations model and controlling costs through the use of native services (organisations, IAM, tagging, resource control, environmental strategies, standard configurations).
We can help with all professional services around these key areas:
- Setting up Landing zones or improving existing (JSON, YAML) templated landing zones.
- Setting up AWS Organisations and AWS Tower (to manage users, roles, access).
- Data and Security configuration set up and audits.
- Creating a Security model and working with partners to test and validate the Security models.
- Establishing Project and Program Governance and Compliance processes.
- Working with clients to build a Centre of Excellence for Cloud management, control and standardisation.
- Assess IS issues in aligning with the Business strategy
- Discover if IS misalignment is causing Business issues
- Discover how IS become better at supporting the Business
- Assess how Cloud can help in realignment [if not that will be noted]
- Assess concretely, how to better align the IS with the business
- Investigate VM sprawl, life cycle of applications and hardware, end-user requirements, business demands, IS resources and skills, IS budgets and support
- Security, Networking issues identified, remediated
- Cost and Governance strategies created, deployed
- COE setup as necessary
- DevOps, IaC developed
- Outcome: Aligning IS & the Cloud if appropriate, to the business process
- Identifies most appropriate cloud models for the right applications
- Roadmaps how to migrate those applications to the target deployment model [typically 1-2 apps to start with realistically]
- Runbooks are produced with detailed requirements and planning
- Business rationale, ROI, Governance, Security and configuration templates
- Standard tooling, services, processes
- Implementation, timelines, and ROI provided
- DevOps, IaC developed, deployed
- COE setup as necessary